AT91SAM9260: How to output PCK0 clock on a GPIO pin

Pedro I. Sanchez psanchez at fosstel.com
Mon Aug 31 16:03:42 EDT 2009

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 23:33:12 +0400, Sergey Matyukevich <geomatsi at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> And how do I turn on the PMC clocks for the GPIO?
>
> Assigning gpio pin PC6 to TIOB2 peripheral is only a part of the work.
> Timer counters may operate in different modes. Take a look at
> the datasheet for at91sam9260, timer counters are covered in chapter 34.
> It looks like 'waveform mode' is what you need (see 34.5.10, 34.5.11).
> Before you get desired output on PC6 pin you will have to turn on
> waveform operating mode for TIOB2 and to configure its wave shapes.
>
> Thanks,
> Sergey

Thanks Sergey,

So are the following statements correct?

1. The pck0 clock I've been playing with has nothing to do with the clock I
want on PC6 (TIOB2).

2. I have to use instead the "tc2_clk" as defined in
arch/arm/mach-at-91/at91sam9260.c.

3. I have to access the TC_CMR register directly to set things up. I mean,
there are no macros already defined to access these structures.

Thanks,

--
Pedro