ARM kernel IRC channel

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Sat Aug 29 00:41:43 EDT 2009

I've asked around a bit and received the answer that there is no good
generic ARM-kernel IRC channel besides a few distro-specific ones.

My background is from PPC, where we have two channels for kernel-centric
discussions (#ppc64 and #mklinux). They are a great complement to the
mailing lists for hashing out details more in real-time, as well as
for handling some questions.

Also, it's been great as a way to get a bit of social interaction between
submaintainers, developers and others in the arch community. Moving over
into the ARM world, I'm definitely missing that.

In lack of better options I've created #armlinux on FreeNode. Come on
over, time will tell if it's useful or not.

-Olof