[v7 3/4] dt-bindings: arm: amlogic: add MagicBox M16S bindings

Christian Hewitt christianshewitt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 02:06:51 PDT 2022

> On 29 Jul 2022, at 12:42 pm, Sean Young <sean at mess.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 07:48:57AM +0800, Zhang Ning wrote:
>> Christian Hewitt told me to split to 2 patches, 1st for manufactor, 2nd
>> for device, how to handle your Acked-by?
>>
>> btw, he also said I'm wrong in handle Sean's Signed-of-by, still don't
>> know how to do in next version. Should I just not send this patch?
>
> Christian can you explain *on list* what is wrong with handling my
> Signed-off-by? As far as I can see Ning has done the right thing.

Sorry, this is my ignorance. I’ve only seen maintainers provide Acked-By
or Reviewed-By tags in response to my own past submissions. I’ve not had
Signed-Off-By responses on-list before. I’ve only seen maintainer SOB
being applied to patches as they are merged into the maintainers tree
and queued for sending upstream. Today is a learning day :)

> Please keep the conversation on list so we're all in the loop.

The board still has some hardware items to figure out and the next date
Amlogic patches will be picked for 5.21 is ~2.5 months away, so there
is no rush and I’ve encouraged Zhang to keep working via the Armbian
forum thread that he started [0]. I’m no expert (as you can see ^) but
I’m trying to coach and explain/spot the common etiquette and process
nits (which I’ve made myself in the past) before he sends the next rev.
of patches for review.

Christian

[0] https://forum.armbian.com/topic/22301-help-to-review-porting-mainline-u-boot-and-linux-to-tmall-magicbox-m16s-amlogic-s912-h-tv-box/