#linux-amlogic IRC channel: move to Libera.Chat or OFTC?

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Wed May 26 13:34:23 PDT 2021

Hi Jerome

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 9:24 PM Jerome Brunet <jbrunet at baylibre.com> wrote:
[...]
> > I have no strong preference on which network to choose.
> >

> Is there any difference between the two networks ?
OFTC was founded back in 2001
Libera.Chat is run by former freenode staff members and was only
founded this month (May 2021)

I picked a few channels I know about as examples
lima and panfrost (our GPU drivers) have moved their channels to OFTC.
LibreELEC, armbian and #armlinux have moved their channels to Libera.Chat.
I have no doubt that there are more channels out there which are
"related" to #linux-amlogic.

Neil just wrote: "Half of my channels went to oftc and the rest to
libera, so the choice is not easy"
It's pretty much the same situation for me.

Best regards,
Martin