[RFCv1 0/8] Meson-8b and Meson-gxbb USB phy code re-structure

Anand Moon linux.amoon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 12:41:35 PDT 2021

On Odroid C1+ and Odroid C2 USB feature is broken
this code changes are just re-structure the code so that
proper callback function execute in proper order.

Code changes losely based on phy-meson-gxl-usb2.c

Initially if we connect USB HDD at initial boot it get detected.
but after that usb hotplug of USB HDD is broken.
I did not observe and USB debug events messages to trace the root cause.

Another issue I observed is increase of USB interrupts event
even if there is not much activity on USB ports.
I tried some clk changes but it did not workout for me.

$ cat /proc/interrupts | grep usb
 45:          0          0          0          0     GICv2  62 Level     c9000000.usb, dwc2_hsotg:usb1
 46:   17488032          0          0          0     GICv2  63 Level     c9100000.usb, dwc2_hsotg:usb2

Thanks
-Anand

Anand Moon (8):
  phy: amlogic: meson8b-usb2: Use clock bulk to get clocks for phy
  phy: amlogic: meson8b-usb2: Use phy init callback function
  phy: amlogic: meson8b-usb2: Use phy exit callback function
  phy: amlogic: meson8b-usb2: Use phy set_mode callback function
  phy: amlogic: meson8b-usb2: Reorder phy poweroff callback function
  phy: amlogic: meson8b-usb2: Use phy reset callback function
  phy: amlogic: meson8b-usb2: Power off the PHY by putting it into reset
    mode.
  phy: amlogic: meson8b-usb2: don't log an error on -EPROBE_DEFER

 drivers/phy/amlogic/phy-meson8b-usb2.c | 159 +++++++++++++++++--------

2.31.1