ODROID-C1/-C2 USB Detection only triggered by some devices

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 10 10:07:54 PDT 2021

Hi Minas,

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 1:09 AM Martin Blumenstingl
<martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Minas,
>
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 6:30 PM Martin Blumenstingl
> <martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Alan,
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 6:18 PM Alan Stern <stern at rowland.harvard.edu> wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > That does show pretty convincingly that runtime suspend is causing the
> > > problem.  But I still have no idea why the problem affects some devices
> > > and not others.  It's a mystery.
> > Maybe because there's two related problems (I am guessing here):
> > The first issue is that USB hotplug is not working at all on my
> > Odroid-C1+ (which means: dwc2 + GL852G USB hub).
> > The second issue is that the workaround we had before (running lsusb
> > -vv to make "hot plugged" devices show up) is not working for some USB
> > devices.
> >
> > It seems that using a different workaround (usbcore.autosuspend=-1)
> > makes *all* USB devices show up - even without any "lsusb -vv" call.
> > So I think we should focus on the first issue as it may also fix the
> > other problem as well.
> above paragraph sums up the issues which Matt and I are seeing (on
> Odroid-C1+ and Odroid-C2) in case you didn't follow the full email
> thread
It's been a week since I sent my last mail
In case you are taking some days off: enjoy that time!
Please let us know if you have any questions about this as we're
looking forward to some hints on how to debug (and of course fix!)
this.

Best regards,
Martin