[RESEND] Amlogic DPCM audio card(s) speaker placement issue

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Sun Dec 26 09:30:14 PST 2021

On 26. 12. 21 12:43, Christian Hewitt wrote:

> card 0: LIBRETECHCC [LIBRETECH-CC], device 0: fe.dai-link-0 (*) []
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

> numid=12,iface=PCM,name='ELD',device=2
> numid=11,iface=PCM,name='IEC958 Playback Default',device=2
> numid=10,iface=PCM,name='IEC958 Playback Mask',device=2
> numid=9,iface=PCM,name='Playback Channel Map',device=2
>
> https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905x-libretech-cc.dts#L136-L188

Have you tried to reorder the dai-link-# sections in DT? It appears to me that sound/soc/codecs/hdmi-codec.c / hdmi_codec_pcm_new() gets the internal PCM
device rather than the exported PCM device for the user space.

If the DAI routing cannot be changed, then the hdmi-codec.c should be modified to export the correct device number for the user space:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/sound/soc/codecs/hdmi-codec.c?h=v5.16-rc6#n805

						Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>