Deadlock under load with Linux 5.9 and other recent kernels

Christian Hewitt christianshewitt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 08:28:13 EDT 2020

> On 26 Sep 2020, at 4:13 pm, Jens Axboe <axboe at kernel.dk> wrote:
>
> On 9/26/20 5:55 AM, Christian Hewitt wrote:

>>> Try with this patch:
>>>
>>> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-block/20200925191902.543953-1-shakeelb@google.com/
>>
>> It still locks up approx. 25 seconds into the copy operation. Here’s the output in video again (a little blurry):
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/3j2czaq509arg6g/lockup_clip2.mov?dl=0
>
> Can you try and set CONFIG_SLUB in your .config instead of CONFIG_SLAB?

CONFIG_SLUB is already set, here’s the full defconfig http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/5BNdZv6J3c/

# dmesg | grep -i slub
[    0.000000] SLUB: HWalign=64, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=6, Nodes=1

> Also, just take a picture, should be easier to get readable than a video.
> And the static trace is all that is needed.

This is from a GT-King Pro which someone reminded me has a large RS232 port on the rear:

https://pastebin.com/raw/sGtzgreN

Christian