回复: S905x (VIM) ramdon crashes, maybe due to display driver.

张 宁 zhangn1985 at outlook.com
Mon Oct 5 09:45:10 EDT 2020

@Oleg

I build it on VIM, natively build kernel, code in NFS, about 12MB/s access bindwidth, using WIFI, and on board 100Mbps ethernet even slower.

And I use debian’s kernel build scripts to build, fully build binary-arch target will take about 18h, mostly due to network, because thermal is about 40, with fun.

may be use usb storage will be faster.

@Neil
after review the patches I applied to 5.9-rc7, no display related patches.  and 5.9-rc7 still has this issue.

I understand report issue this way which is no help for debug.
I will try to narrow down to find out the patches between 5.6~5.7,  use chroot-arm64-with-qemu on powerful x86_64 build server, this will take 6h on i7-4770K, with local code storage, for 1 build.

BR.
Ning.