GPIO Interrupts

Neil Armstrong narmstrong at baylibre.com
Fri Jul 24 04:05:52 EDT 2020

Hi,

On 23/07/2020 20:40, honsch at telus.net wrote:
> Hi there,
> I've been working on a ODroid C2 project for a while, (meson, gxbb) and I cannot get gpio interrupts working from the devicetree.
>
> I'm trying to hook up the PPS gpio driver as well as some gpio IIO triggers.  I had it all working on a 4.x kernel a couple of years ago but on the 5.7 it's a no-go.
>
> The pinctrl-meson driver is missing the hook for gpiod_to_irq(), and the irq-meson-gpio driver is missing the activate function for platform_get_irq() to function.
>
> Has either of these paths ever been implemented or tested?  Am I missing something simple?

The only available driver for GPIO interrupts is irq-meson-gpio and should be enough for most of your use-cases
if you pass the GPIO interrupt as `interrupt = ` and `interrupt-parent =` as we do for the Ethernet PHY on some
boards.

For historical & HW architecture reasons, it's not possible to implement upstream support for the gpiod_to_irq() in the pinctrl driver.

Neil