[BUG]odroid-c2 does not hotplug usb-devices

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 5 14:55:48 EST 2020

Hi Otto,

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 6:40 PM Otto Meier <gf435 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> i have tried your second notice. but it does'nt solve the issue.
> if at leased on device is pluged in new devices are detected. if
> all devices have been removed, no new device will be detected anymore.
thanks for trying this out and for reporting back.
can you please also test if running "lsusb -vvv" (as root) makes the
devices show up?

background info: the Amlogic Meson GXBB SoC on your Odroid-C2 board
uses a "dwc2" USB 2.0 controller.
I don't have any GXBB based board, but my Odroid-C1+ uses the same
controller and overall setup. There I can reproduce the problem you
are seeing.

I am not sure which part of the "infrastructure" (on-board 4-port USB
hub, dwc2 controller, ...) is causing this issue.
My suggestion is to involve the linux-usb mailing list and dwc2 driver
maintainer:
- Minas Harutyunyan <hminas at synopsys.com> (dwc2 driver maintainer)