[BUG] wrong pinning definition or uart_c in pinctrl-meson-gxbb.c

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 7 07:57:45 PDT 2019

Hi Otto,

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 1:49 PM Otto Meier <gf435 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi i tried to use uart_C of the the odroid-c2.
>
> I enabled it int the dts file. During boot it crashed when the
> the sdcard slot is addressd.
>
> After long search in the net i found this:
>
> https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=25371&p=194370&hilit=uart_C#p177856
thank you for doing research on this...

> After changing the pin definitios accordingly erverything works.
>
> Uart_c is functioning and sdcard ist working.
>
> Patch attached
...as well as going the extra mile (writing a patch and submitting it)

your patch is looking good to me apart from some small formal issues:
- some typos in the commit message (int -> in, addressd -> addressed,
definitios -> definitions, ist -> is)
- please add the following line above your Signed-off-by line (to get
your fix also into -stable kernels): Fixes: 6db0f3a8a04e46 ("pinctrl:
amlogic: gxbb: add more UART pins")
- your "Signed-off-by" has to be in a specific format
- patches must be sent inline (not as attachment)
- the pinctrl maintainers are not Cc'ed (so they won't notice this patch)

here's a simplified version of the patch submission flow that I use:
- (change the code)
- git commit --signoff (give a good description why you are changing
things, include a Fixes line if appropriate)
- git format-patch HEAD~1
- run ./scripts/checkpatch.pl 0001-*.patch (fix all checkpatch errors,
"git commit --amend" the changes, then run git format-patch again)
- find the email recipients with: ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl 0001-*.patch
- run: git send-email 0001-*.patch --to=<maintainer or mailing list
email> --to=<another maintainer mailing list or email> --cc=<more
mailing lists...>

feel free to ask if you have any questions

I'm looking forward to an updated  patch!
Martin