[GIT PULL] soc: amlogic: updates for v5.4 (round 2)

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Tue Sep 3 13:40:47 PDT 2019

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 1:34 AM Kevin Hilman <khilman at baylibre.com> wrote:

> OK, here's the respin (round 2.1)
>
> The previous version was missing the bindings for the new driver, which
> I had mistakenly put in the DT branch instead of here.  Without the
> bindings and associated headers, this branch did not build stanalone
> (found by kbuild robot.)
>
> All that is fixed by this branch.
>
> As a result, I also needed to respin the DT64 pull.  Since I moved the
> bindings/header patche here, the respin of the DT64 pull will now have a
> dependency merge of this branch.

I've pulled round 2.1 into arm/drivers, but it seems that the
patchwork integration
failed to deal with the way this was sent:

- https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11122205/ shows both the original
  pull request, and the updated one. It was meant to detect both pull
  requests as the same thing and mark the old one as superseded, but that
  did not happen.

- Using pwclient to get the pull request only shows the original one

- I actually tried pulling that after looking at it with pwclient instead of
  the email client. Thankfully, you had removed the original tag, so that
  failed and I took a closer look.

I suspect it would have worked the way it did for
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11119171/ if you had specified
the subject as

[GIT PULL, v2] soc: amlogic: updates for v5.4 (round 2)

i.e. kept the subject the same but the version inside of the [].

         Arnd