Odroid-N2 on archlinux cannot boot on using linux-next on sd_card / emmc

Anand Moon linux.amoon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 10:54:52 PDT 2019

Hi Neil,

[Ship]

Sorry for not following on my query on not able to boot from microSD
card on Odroid N2.
I have been trying various changes in *meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dts* most
of them related
to linking the power to tflash_vdd and tf_io nodes.

>From the schematics it seems
tflash_vdd (TFLASH_VDD_EN)   vin-supply = <&vddao_3v3>;
tf_io (TF_3V3N_1V8_EN)           vin-supply = <&vcc_5v>;

but it seen some thing core is missing in Initialization of tf_io.

Below regulator_summary confirm my finding ft_io not linked to any
main regulator.

[root at alarm ~]# cat /sys/kernel/debug/regulator/regulator_summary
 regulator                      use open bypass  opmode voltage
current     min     max
 regulator-dummy                  1    2      0 unknown     0mV
0mA     0mV     0mV
    ff400000.usb                  0
0mA     0mV     0mV
    ff400000.usb                  0
0mA     0mV     0mV
 12V                              3    2      0 unknown 12000mV
0mA 12000mV 12000mV
    5V                            4    4      0 unknown  5000mV
0mA  5000mV  5000mV
       ff600000.hdmi-tx           1
0mA     0mV     0mV
       phy-ff636000.phy.0         1
0mA     0mV     0mV
       HUB_5V                     1    1      0 unknown  5000mV
0mA  5000mV  5000mV
          phy-ff63a000.phy.1      1
0mA     0mV     0mV
       USB_PWR_EN                 0    1      0 unknown  5000mV
0mA  5000mV  5000mV
          ffe09000.usb            0
0mA     0mV     0mV
    VDDAO_3V3                     3    2      0 unknown  3300mV
0mA  3300mV  3300mV
       VCC_3V3                    4    3      0 unknown  3300mV
0mA  3300mV  3300mV
          ffe07000.mmc            1
0mA  3300mV  3400mV
          FLASH_1V8               2    1      0 unknown  1800mV
0mA  1800mV  1800mV
             ffe07000.mmc         1
0mA  1800mV  1950mV
          VCC_1V8                 1    0      0 unknown  1800mV
0mA  1800mV  1800mV
       VDDAO_1V8                  1    0      0 unknown  1800mV
0mA  1800mV  1800mV
 TFLASH_VDD                       0    1      0 unknown  3300mV
0mA  3300mV  3300mV
    ffe05000.sd                   0
0mA  3300mV  3400mV
 TF_IO                            0    1      0 unknown  3300mV
0mA  1800mV  3300mV
    ffe05000.sd                   0
0mA  3300mV  3300mV

Also I could not figure out how Hardkernel (Amlogic) source code
initialize the power for regulator.
If you could share some input I will then try to debug this future.

Best Regards
-Anand