Odroid-C2 solid green screen on "echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger" on Arch 4.16/4.17rc6

Neil Armstrong narmstrong at baylibre.com
Fri May 25 00:53:56 PDT 2018

Hi,

On 25/05/2018 04:19, Swabey, Matthew A wrote:
> Odroid-C2 solid green screen on echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger on Arch Linux mainline 4.16/4.17rc6
> Using lightdm on xorg fb. No mali, utgard or odroid specific framebuffers. However it seems to happen on them too.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
> 1. Boot
> 2. Echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger with watchdog set. Or trigger the watchdog another way, i.e. watchdogd or system.
> 3. Watchdog causes reboot
> 4. Boots with screen solid green, see photo here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9VyiweNAIMD07VSM2
> 	a. No error messages visible, see attached log file bundles containing dmesg, journalctl, package list, Xorg.0.log
> 	b. Linux-aarch64 is 4.16
> 	c. Linux-aarch64-rc is 4.17rc6
> 5. Reboot - screen back to normal and working
Well, since screen goes back to normal means there is no bug on the kernel side.

This is caused by Amlogic's U-Boot.
The HW watchdog does a complete SoC reset, we cannot execute any code from kernel when the watchdog wakes up.

Please report this to Armbian and ask them to use Mainline U-Boot, this won't happen anymore.

Neil