eMMC tuning issue on Odroid C2 and a possible solution

Jerome Brunet jbrunet at baylibre.com
Thu Oct 12 13:05:45 PDT 2017

On Thu, 2017-10-12 at 21:49 +0200, Heiner Kallweit wrote:
> > The result of the tuning does not depends on starting point, so I don't
> > really
> > understand how it would significantly change things.
> >

> I think it depends on the tx phase starting point.

If the result of the tuning is not independent of the starting, instead of just
telling me, it is fairly easy for you to give actual result, like I asked you:

> > Ok, starting from Rx:0 Tx:270 then tuning gives you Tx:300 Rx:90
> > And what different did it gives you starting Rx:0/Tx:0 ?

And if the result are indeed vastly different, let's debug and get a real
explanation.

> Tuning does:
> rx phase tuning
> tx phase tuning
> rx phase tuning
>
> Result of each step depends on result of previous step.

Again, we don't agree.

> So also the initial
> rx phase tuning result depends on the starting point of tx phase.

The first Rx tuning is there only to get a sane starting point for the tx tuning
,as explained in the code. This is the reason why is not done when re-tuning.