Ethernet stopped working after commit "ARM64: dts: meson-gx: add external PHY interrupt on some platforms"

Heiner Kallweit hkallweit1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 16:14:05 PST 2017

Am 10.11.2017 um 23:30 schrieb Heiner Kallweit:
> Hi Jerome,
>
> after commit b94d22d94ad22 "ARM64: dts: meson-gx: add external PHY
> interrupt on some platforms" ethernet stopped working on my Odroid-C2.
>
> AFAIK you meanwhile also have an Odroid-C2 for testing. Does it work for you?
>
> Rgds, Heiner

After some more checking I found that the RTL8211F INER register doesn't seem
to accept writes. If I read back the INER register value in
rtl8211f_config_intr() I always get 0x0000, no matter which values I write to
the register before.
If no interrupt is triggered by the chip it's clear that ethernet isn't working.

I add Shengzhou who submitted the RTL8211F support as I'm curious whether anybody
ever used the RTL8211F successfully in interrupt mode.

I have some doubts as the code doesn't enable the interrupt for finished aneg
(only the one for link change).

Or may there be chip versions w/o interrupt support?

Rgds, Heiner