S805/S812 Device Tree upstreaming

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Sun May 21 11:17:32 PDT 2017

Hi Oleg,

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Oleg <balbes-150 at yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hi Martin
> In Lebreelec I did not find the specified directories.
> in the file ls_debug_lebreelec.txt the contents of the
> directory from Lebreelec.
> Output content Linux in appropriate files.
> https://yadi.sk/d/X-26JMEn3JNFbD
ah, in Amlogic's kernel the directories are probably
/sys/kernel/debug/{emmc,sd,sdio}

> I use this dtb file.
> https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s8xx-kernel/blob/test/arch/arm/boot/dts/meson8m2-mxiii-plus.dts
this looks good to me. so you have tried:
gpio = <&gpio GPIOZ_1 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
enable-active-high;

as well as:
gpio = <&gpio GPIOZ_1 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
// enable-active-high; not set

> Question, wath that me need to add or change data in the dtb, what would I
> have to run a wired network ?
you already have phy-mode = "rgmii"; in your .dts so this looks fine.
maybe the pinctrl driver is missing some bits for rgmii mode, can you
please run "md 0xc11080b0 0x28" in u-boot and paste the output (this
dumps the pinctrl mux mode registers from u-boot, where I assume that
ethernet is working)?
do you see any dwmac/stmmac related errors in your kernel log?

Regards,
Martin