RTC support for AMlogic devies

Ben Dooks ben.dooks at codethink.co.uk
Mon Jun 27 12:49:28 PDT 2016

On 27/06/16 18:18, Kevin Hilman wrote:
> Ben Dooks <ben.dooks at codethink.co.uk> writes:
>
>> This series is support for the RTC block on some of the AMLogic
>> Meson ARM SoCs.
>>
>> The first patch is the driver, followed by device-tree patches
>> and enablement for the ODRoid-C1 (where it has been tested)
>
> In the cover letter, please be explicit about any dependencies that are
> not upstream.  This series applies to mainline (v4.7-rc*) but does not
> build.  I tested it with my v4.7/integ branch and it seems to work.

I think this is just the DT bindings for the reset controller which
are currently in -next.

> The series also has a handful of checkpatch warnings that should be
> addressed (see: http://hastebin.com/tacurokasu.pas)

The msleep() ones I think are not a big isuse. The line length could
be solved, but at the moment is one of the few issues that are in the
rtc-meson.c driver.

The documentation one is solved by the patch adding the device-tree
binding information.

> Other than that, I gave it a quick spin on meson8b-odroidc1 using
> tools/testing/selftests/timers/rtctest.c, and the basic time stuff seems
> to be working:

Thank you.

--
Ben Dooks				http://www.codethink.co.uk/
Senior Engineer				Codethink - Providing Genius