Meson8 platform on aml 3.14.29 kernel

Stanislav Vlasic svlasic at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 10:54:19 PDT 2016

Hi guys,

I'm aware that this board is not for questions like this, but give me
a chance... :)

Here's situation.

I have latest amlogic kernel sources for 9xx platform (kernel is
20160701). There are some indicators in code that initially they did
some testing with 3.14 kernel on S812 at least (there's dts in source
tree, as well as defconfig).

What I want to do is try to bring up official aml 3.14 kernel to M8xx
currently for only one reason - to bring their official release of
Android Marshmallow on it.

Did anyone tried that? Or another question. How bringing up aml to
mainline is going? Is there plan to port amports as well?

Some weeks ago I successfully booted latest kernel on my p200 based
board. I would help with development but when it comes to kernel
porting and development, it's not really my thing. Something small on
kernel level I can do but...

If I can help in any other way, feel free to tell :)

Regards,
Stane1983