kafs-client (recent strangeness of with add_key)

Bill MacAllister bill at ca-zephyr.org
Tue Dec 13 23:57:06 PST 2022

On 2022-11-27 16:59, Bill MacAllister wrote:
> I did test the changes that Spencer has made by creating a tarball from
> the master branch, downloading the Debian source package from the
> current
> release, using "gbp import-dsc", and then using "gbp buildpackage" to
> build the packages.  That is how I will end up handing the package off
> to Russ when we get there.  Well, maybe, he might just want the
> upstream
> source.

I have been working on making changes.  I started out by making a rather
disastrous merge on my github repository.  I will replace it with
something
more sane later this week.

I have merged Spencer's changes into the debian package.  I did that by
pulling
down the debian source and then adding quilt patches to the
debian/master branch
leaving the master branch untouched.  Once I had merge Spencer's changes
I made
the change of -v to -d.  I have yet to act on Jeff's suggestions.
Before I
go there I want to work on updating the man pages.  I spent a lot of
time
figuring things out that would have been helped out with better man
pages.
I would like to work either in markdown or pod and use ronn or pod2man
generate the man pages.  For Debian builds I would do this on the fly,
but
I am guessing that for RedHat the man pages should be part of the
repository.
If there is a preference for either markdown or pod please let me know.

I hope to be able to hand changes off to Debian at the end of this week
or early next.

Bill

--
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without
evidence."