[bug report] rxrpc: Don't store the rxrpc header in the Tx queue sk_buffs

David Howells dhowells at redhat.com
Wed May 16 05:49:59 EDT 2018

Dan Carpenter <dan.carpenter at oracle.com> wrote:

> The patch 5a924b8951f8: "rxrpc: Don't store the rxrpc header in the
> Tx queue sk_buffs" from Sep 22, 2016, leads to the following static
> checker warning:
>
> 	net/rxrpc/output.c:489 rxrpc_send_data_packet()
> 	error: uninitialized symbol 'ret'.

The problem is there's no default case in the switch-statement following the
send_fragmentable label.  This is fine currently, because AF_RXRPC doesn't
support any other transports than AF_INET and AF_INET6.

What I can do it bung in a default case with a BUG.  That's what I do in other
switch-on-transport constructs that can't be triggered by userspace.  These
shouldn't be triggerable unless someone adds a new transport.

David