[RFC] Refactor kenter/kleave/kdebug macros

Leon Romanovsky leon at leon.nu
Mon May 18 06:52:13 PDT 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 4:29 PM, David Howells <dhowells at redhat.com> wrote:
> Leon Romanovsky <leon at leon.nu> wrote:
>
>> Blind conversion to pr_debug will blow the code because it will be always
>> compiled in.
>
> No, it won't.
Sorry, you are right.

>> Additionally, It looks like the output of these macros can be viewed by ftrace
>> mechanism.
>
> *blink* It can?
I was under strong impression that "function" and "function_graph"
tracers will give similar kenter/kleave information. Do I miss
anything important, except the difference in output format?

>> Maybe we should delete them from mm/nommu.c as was pointed by Joe?
>
> Why?
If ftrace is sufficient to get the debug information, there will no
need to duplicate it.