[PATCH 2/2] DNS: Fixes for the DNS query module
dhowells at redhat.com
Thu Aug 5 22:13:52 EDT 2010
Fixes for the DNS query module, including:
(1) Use 'negative' instead of '-ve' in the documentation.
(2) Mark the kdoc comment with '/**' on dns_query().
Reported-by: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap at oracle.com>
Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells at redhat.com>
Documentation/networking/dns_resolver.txt | 6 +++---
net/dns_resolver/dns_query.c | 2 +-
2 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/networking/dns_resolver.txt b/Documentation/networking/dns_resolver.txt
index d8e0ce1..aefd1e6 100644
@@ -96,9 +96,9 @@ implemented in the module can be called after doing:
for the default query type it is just a list of comma-separated IPv4 and
IPv6 addresses. The caller must free the result.
- The length of the result string is returned on success, and a -ve error
- code is returned otherwise. -EKEYREJECTED will be returned if the DNS
- lookup failed.
+ The length of the result string is returned on success, and a negative
+ error code is returned otherwise. -EKEYREJECTED will be returned if the
+ DNS lookup failed.
If _expiry is non-NULL, the expiry time (TTL) of the result will be
diff --git a/net/dns_resolver/dns_query.c b/net/dns_resolver/dns_query.c
index b33e1f7..03d5255 100644
@@ -45,7 +45,7 @@
* dns_query - Query the DNS
* @type: Query type (or NULL for straight host->IP lookup)
* @name: Name to look up
More information about the linux-afs