Fedora4 i686 Pam.d problem

Peter M. Metcalf pmetcalf at nd.edu
Mon Feb 6 13:38:44 EST 2006

I have an older machine running RH-8 and openafs that works great.
New machine has Fedora4 and openafs installed.  Not doing well with
authenticating  AFS.

I've gotten the machine to ssh remotely and authenticate an AFS connection
but will not
give me a token at the same time.  If I klog after the connection occurs I
can get a token issued.

I've compared my /etc/pam.d/sshd between the 2 machines and they are identical.
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_securetty.so
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_afs.krb.so.1 try_first_pass
ignore_root
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    optional     /lib/security/pam_console.so