Joining the libusbx mailinglist

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 03:50:20 EST 2012

Hi Nathan,

Note although I'm using "we" a lot below this mail is purely
written by me and has not been vetted by anyone else involved
in libusbx.

A bunch of libusb developers / contributors (almost everyone
active on the libusb-devel list) is working on setting up a
fork of libusb under the name libusbx. The main reason for
this is that after more then a year there is still no new
libusb release.

Please keep this to yourself for now, as we are operating
in stealth / ninja mode until we do our first release.

We would really like your input on the Mac OS X side of things,
therefor I was wondering if you would be so kind as to subscribe
to our mailinglist:

Note I'm not asking you to pick sides, it is just that we could
really use your input (and patches from you), hence this mail.

For example we are working on doing our first release soon,
based on current libusb git/master (which is more or less
what was in 1.0.9-rc3) and I was wondering if there are any
Mac OS X issues which should be fixed / patches which should
be added before doing a release. You can find our git tree
here: http://git.infradead.org/users/segher/libusbx.git

Note this is a temporary location.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans