ETAs for libusbx operability and first release?

Vitali Lovich vlovich at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:22:57 EST 2012

My approach was we'll have a 3 week merge window during which people can submit requests of features they want merged in (either via patches or git branches that can be trivially rebased on mainline).  After that, we'll have a 4 week testing & bug-fixing window (i.e no features, performance improvements etc) after which we'll make a release.  Rinse & repeat.

Here's my thoughts on the priority of features I want to integrate after we make a 1.0.9 release:

1) Windows support - I already have this in my own branch, & it seems to work well enough.  I don't see anything blocking inclusion of this code since right now the story on Windows is pathetic.
2) Vid/Pid filtering - before any objects are created or any significant work is done, have a mechanism to filter the devices based on vid/pid.
3) Hotplug - I can provide feedback/implementations for the OSX/Linux releases as I've already done hotplug on those platforms outside of libusb.  Assuming this is a new feature that doesn't touch a lot of existing code, I don't see a lot blocking merging of this code & then resolving issues.
4) Logging improvements

-Vitali