RTM_GETROUTE response missing RTA_IIF and others

Thomas Lloyd thomas.lloyd at actual-experience.com
Thu Feb 8 01:45:05 PST 2018

Hi All,

I am using libnl in my project with libevent and it is working very nicely.

I have a query about information that is being returned when I am
making a routing request.

I have based my code on nl-route-get.c and I am sending the request
and receiving the reply.

I process all elements in the reply,  around 12 months ago to now
there seems to be a few less RTA entries.

The one I was interested in is  RTA_IIF which was there when I
originally put the example together and now seems absent.

I am working on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS at the moment with all the base packages.

Was this value removed or no long included in the RTM_GETROUTE Reponse?

I have setup the request as follows:

I have allocated a single message with type RTM_GETROUTE and Flags set
to 0 / NONE;

.rtm_family = AF_INET / 6

.rtm_dst_len = 0U; - Based on manual page recommendation / also tried
32 as in nl-route-get.c

 .rtm_src_len = 0U;  Based on manual page recommendation

All others are the defaults.

The process code prints all entries returned from the request known or unknown

IPv4 example output:
Req is route : Type 24 [NEW 25, DEL 26, GET 24] family 2, dstlen 32,
srclen 0, tos 0, table 254, proto 0, scope 0, type 1, flags 512
Routing Table is set to 254 dst is set to 216.58.210.46 OIF is set to
2 Preferred Source Interface is set to 10.0.2.15 gw is set to 10.0.2.2
Cache INFO:
    Cintref 12
    Error 0
    Expires: 0
    ID: 0
    Lastuse 300
    TS: 0
    TSage: 0
    Used: 0

IPv6 example output:
Req is route : Type 24 [NEW 25, DEL 26, GET 24] family 10, dstlen 128,
srclen 128, tos 0, table 0, proto 2, scope 0, type 7, flags 0 Routing
Table is set to 0 dst is set to 2001:4860:4860::8888 src is set to ::
Preferred Source Interface is set to ::1 OIF is set to 1 Priority is
set to 4294967295
Cache INFO:
    Cintref 2
    Error 4294967195
    Expires: 0
    ID: 0
    Lastuse 0
    TS: 0
    TSage: 0
    Used: 751
Preference is set to 0

Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

--

THOMAS LLOYD
Software Developer

--
Registered Office: Actual Experience plc
Quay House, The Ambury, Bath BA1 1UA,

computer. Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should check
this e-mail and any attachment for viruses. We make no warranty as to
absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments.