NLE_OBJ_NOTFOUND

Thomas Haller thaller at redhat.com
Thu May 18 04:33:50 PDT 2017

On Thu, 2017-05-18 at 16:11 +0530, prashantkumar dhotre wrote:
> Hi
> I am getting NLE_OBJ_NOTFOUND (-12) on  nl_recvmsgs_default ()
> This does not happen always.
> how to debug to find root cause for this ?
> Thanks

Hi,

Double-posting is a bit discouraged. Please try to avoid that
https://github.com/thom311/libnl/issues/143 . Thanks.

Anyway, the mailing list is indeed a more suitable place for asking
such a question.

I just quote myself:

====
NLE_OBJ_NOTFOUND is likely the response from kernel to a request you
make. I would run the application with strace to see which syscall
fails.

Alternatively, set NLDBG=100 environment variable and see if it reveals
useful info.

Alternatively, use a debugger and singlestep through the program.

Alternatively, build libnl from source and add additional debug logging
(printf-debugging)
====

Best,
Thomas