genl_connect fails with NLE_EXIST

prashantkumar dhotre prashantkumardhotre at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 10:19:56 PST 2017

Hi
I am new to libnl.My app uses libnl-3.2.22
We are using netlink with memory map.
In the app, the netlink socket is closed (nl_socket_free() ) on some
error condition and new netlink connection is established.
But I am seeing that genl_connect() is failing with -6 (NLE_EXIST
"Object exists") when i try to create new net link connection.
My guess is this is EADDRINUSE from bind inside genl_connect()
Should i set SO_REUSEADDR  on netlink socket to resolve this error?
Or is this issue fixed in latest libnl version libnl-3.2.29 ?
Could you please help me resolve this issue?
Thanks