no version information available

John Whitmore arigead at gmail.com
Wed May 20 06:30:43 PDT 2015

I'm trying to use libnl as part of NetworkManager and getting an error message
from it:

/usr/sbin/NetworkManager: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libnl-genl-3.so.200: no version information available (required by /usr/sbin/NetworkManager)
/usr/sbin/NetworkManager: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libnl-3.so.200: no version information available (required by /usr/sbin/NetworkManager)
/usr/sbin/NetworkManager: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libnl-route-3.so.200: no version information available (required by /usr/sbin/NetworkManager)

This is on a RaspberryPi 2 and have installed libnl-3.2.25 from source. I
asked on the NetworkManager List and was told that some versions of libnl
worked and some didn't but that seems a bit weird to say the lease. I wonder
if somebody could explain what I've missed in my build process. I've just
configured with --prefix=/usr

I've looked at the other config options but nothing jumps out at me. Any
pointers would be gratefully received.

John