Building libnl's Python module

Shatil Rafiullah srafiullah at twopensource.com
Fri Feb 6 10:34:05 PST 2015

There is no setup.py as mentioned in the python/README, so I tried
autoreconf. libnl on Debian requires installation of dh-autoreconf.

$ git clone https://github.com/tgraf/libnl

$ sudo aptitude -t wheezy-backports install dh-autoreconf

$ cd libnl

$ ./autogen.sh
configure.ac:15: installing `build-aux/install-sh'
configure.ac:15: installing `build-aux/missing'
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `build-aux'.
libtoolize: copying file `build-aux/ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
libtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
configure.ac:83: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_WARN
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
Error during autoreconf
Shatil (@shatil)