wrong/old files in include/linux

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Tue Sep 2 09:58:19 PDT 2014

Under include/linux, we have:
%ls include/linux
can/         if_addr.h    if_link.h    ipv6.h       netlink.h    snmp.h
fib_rules.h  if_arp.h     if_vlan.h    neighbour.h  pkt_cls.h    tc_act/
gen_stats.h  if_bridge.h  ip.h         netfilter/   pkt_sched.h  tc_ematch/
genetlink.h  if_ether.h   ip_mp_alg.h  netfilter.h  rtnetlink.h

These are mostly bad/poor copies of files from /usr/include.
I appreciate that perhaps they are necessary in some places in order to build
properly, but I wonder if could be in another directory, -I added for just
that situation?  Maybe they don't need to exist at all?

This is the only thing that keeps me from building against in-tree libnl.
The -Iblahblah/libnl/include finds the incomplete if.h (which I've deleted
locally above), rather than the one from my exported kernel /usr/include.