[Patch] document sk == NULL case for rtnl_link_alloc_cache()

Thomas Haller thaller at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 14:41:23 EDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-03-20 at 10:45 -0700, Cong Wang wrote:
> When sk == NULL, rtnl_link_alloc_cache() returns 0 but the cache
> is still empty. We should document this behavior, otherwise it is confusing.

Hi Cong,

pushed to master as
https://github.com/thom311/libnl/commit/67a704676c9ccc153f87aa86cd0a444f42608162

Note that I added the prefix "link: " to your commit message.

I also modified your patch to fix a error that already existed before your patch:

- If the operation succeeds the resulting cache will a link object...
+ If the operation succeeds, the resulting cache will contain a link object...

Thanks,
Thomas