Dynamic Genl Multicast Group Creation/Deletion

Kolja Schneider kolja.schneider at solectrix.de
Wed Jul 16 06:42:04 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I see the Linux Kernel has removed the possibility to dynamically create/delete genl multicast groups in 2013. Is this generally frowned upon in the netlink domain, or is there another way to do this?

We're trying to build a tree-structured message passing architecture here to communicate with various I/O components and would have liked that feature to allow software components to subscribe to certain devices only. The exact number of I/O components and their "URL" is not known beforehand, so this is not some we can hard-code...

Thanks,
Kolja

Gruß / Best regards
Kolja Schneider

Software-Entwicklung

solectrix GmbH
Fürther Str. 244b
"Auf AEG"
90429 Nürnberg
Germany

Fon: +49 (0) 911 - 30 91 61 - 34
Fax: +49 (0) 911 - 30 91 61 - 99

Handelsregister Nürnberg
HRB21823

Geschäftsführer
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Stefan Schütz
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Jürgen Steinert
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Lars Helbig

www.solectrix.de
Our YouTube channel

www.imaging.sx
www.fpga.sx

Bitte prüfen Sie der Umwelt zuliebe, ob
der Ausdruck dieser Mail erforderlich ist.