mock for libnl

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Tue Apr 8 09:47:55 PDT 2014

Hi, there are unit test cases in tests/
"make check" doesn't seem to run them though.

Reading them, I think that check.h is not part of the libnl: is it part of
another package?

While my real goal is to mock libnl as part of unit testing of another
daemon, I was also looking at whether there is any kernel mocks in libnl
itself.  What I want is to pretend to my daemon that it is running with
a specific number of number of network interfaces with particular addresses.

I did this before libnl using a fake netlink socket that really just read
messages crafted from elsewhere.  I'm trying now to do this by just
populating the libnl caches.