Looking for examples of the python wrapper

Arend van Spriel arend at broadcom.com
Fri Sep 6 04:01:23 EDT 2013

On 09/05/2013 08:03 PM, Teto wrote:
> Thanks for commiting the patches.
>
> I thnik there is a bug with py_nl_cb_set/py_nl_cb_err . The first
> registration always fail (I've changed the order of registrations
> etc..) whereas the following cb registrations work.
> pynl_find_cbinfo: cb=0x2005a30: not found
> pynl_get_cbinfo: cb=0x2005a30: added 0x1f156b0
> py_nl_cb_err: cb=0x2005a30, info=0x1f156b0, kind=3
> pynl_find_cbinfo: cb=0x2005a30: found=0x1f156b0
> pynl_get_cbinfo: cb=0x2005a30: done
> py_nl_cb_set: cb=0x2005a30, info=0x1f156b0, type=0, kind=3

This is not a bug. The function pynl_get_cbinfo tries to lookup the
callback info for the given nl_cb instance using pynl_find_cbinfo. When
that lookup fails it will allocate a new callback info structure. That
is exactly what the first two messages tell. This tracing is actually
for debugging purposes and I should have turned it off.

> I've joined a copy of the file which is a slight modification of the
> commited example. As I needed nl_socket_add_membership, I've added it
> to the bindings.

Indeed, for receiving netlink events. I had a patch for that as well.
Not sure where that ended up.

Regards,
Arend