libnl 3.2.20 released

Thomas Graf tgraf at suug.ch
Wed Jan 23 05:25:14 EST 2013

Hi

I am pleased to announce the availability of libnl 3.2.20.

IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE

This release reverts an an uneeded SONAME bump that was done
in release 3.2.18 due to an ABI/API breakage in an unused
part of the API (object/cache API). After severe discussion,
it was decided to undo the SONAME bump to make life easier
for distribution maintainers and to remove the unused APIs
from the public header files.

If you linked against 3.2.18 or 3.2.19 your binary will not
be compatible with 3.2.20. You will have to relink your
binary. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

More details in commit 7559157f2 and f20bbe1f

Source:
http://www.infradead.org/~tgr/libnl/files/libnl-3.2.20.tar.gz

Documentation:
http://www.infradead.org/~tgr/libnl/files/libnl-doc-3.2.20.tar.gz

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release:

Thomas Graf (5):
      link: fix reference leak in rtnl_link_af_data_compare()
      Undo soname bump
      No longer install module API headers
      Remove obsolete release notes at end of configure
      3.2.20 release

roopa (3):
      Add new rtnl_link_af_data_compare function to compare af_data
      link: Add af data compare to link objects
      route cache: This patch adds route priority to route object
oo_id_attrs