libnl 3.2.14 tarball lacks a lib/ directory

Thomas Graf tgraf at suug.ch
Mon Oct 22 06:18:41 EDT 2012

On 10/19/12 at 05:17pm, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
> It seems something in the 3.2.14 rollout went wrong - there is no lib/
> subdirectory.

I just fixed this. I have replaced the original tarball. Not sure what
went wrong in the release process.

> Also, the documentation tarball is more than 8 megabytes in size and
> includes many files that probably need not be distributed - they are
> either not material to the purpose of distributing documentation, or
> they could be generated locally if needed.

The reason I am providing a pre built documentation tarball for
distribution is because generation of it is not that trivial as it
requires several tools in versions more recent than provided by many
distributions. Therefore a prebuilt documentation has been requested
by several folks.

Generating the documentation yourself is still possible by cloning
the git tree and running 'make gendoc' in doc/.

~Thomas