Libnl compilation for powerpc

Uday Kiran K uday.k at aricent.com
Wed Jan 11 13:01:37 EST 2012

>> Debug configure, see why it doesn't want to enable shared library
>> building.

There is one comment in configure file , which says as follows.

  # We used to test for /lib/ld.so.1 and disable shared libraries on
  # powerpc, because MkLinux only supported shared libraries with the
  # GNU dynamic linker.  Since this was broken with cross compilers,
  # most powerpc-linux boxes support dynamic linking these days and
  # people can always --disable-shared, the test was removed, and we
  # assume the GNU/Linux dynamic linker is in use.

What can I infer from this?

-Uday