Libnl compilation for powerpc

Uday Kiran K uday.k at aricent.com
Wed Jan 11 10:21:44 EST 2012

Hi

Thanks for the response.

>> -check that configure is actually building shared libraries, it'll say
>> something like:
>>      "checking whether to build shared libraries... yes"

This says "no" .
Is this the reason? If yes, please tell me what might have went wrong ! ?

>>  or within build dir: find . -name 'libnl*.so'

Could you please tell me which build dir are you referring to ?

>> -review output of "make install" step, it'll tell you exactly where it
>> placed libraries.  maybe they're in another dir, /usr/local/lib perhaps?

After "make install" , I am able to see some libnl* files in /usr/lib . But not all libraries are built. No libnl.so , no libnl-genl-so etc.

Only the following are being created.

libnl  libnl.a  libnl-cli.a  libnl-cli.la  libnl-genl.a  libnl-genl.la  libnl.la  libnl-nf.a  libnl-nf.la  libnl-route.a  libnl-route.la  pkgconfig

Please suggest a way to proceed.

-Uday