Some simple bugs fixed at github

Thomas Graf tgraf at suug.ch
Wed Aug 29 17:03:42 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 12:12:24AM +0600, Марк Коренберг wrote:
> > Sorry, I have repaired that thing in same branch named "bugs" (now,
> > rebased from your current master branch). I don't know if this patch is
> > really needed (nothing change, just clean up). It will be nice If you
> > include that in main repo.
> >

> > Also, new set of fixes :)
>
> Please review. The most problem for me is to tag text correctly for
> auto-generated documentation. I just copied from another place...

The fact that you need to fix all users within the library also
means that _all_ applications would need to fix their usage of
these functions.

I could live with that if we actually fixed a real bug but constification
is only a cleanup and not worth the work it causes.

I believe it's vital for the library to try and stay as stable as possible
requring as little API changes between versions as possible.

Can you please drop the char ** -> const char ** patch from your pull
request and rebase?

Also, while I'm perfectly fine with using github the way you do, could
you, going forward, please send a formal pull requestincluding each patch
in a separate email such as generated by git-send-mail. I'm reviewing
many patches every day and email is just the easiest option and it gives
others on the list to do reviews easily as well.

Thanks!