nf_queue question

Stijn Souffriau stijn.souffriau at essensium.com
Sun Oct 30 17:11:32 EDT 2011

Hello,

I wrote an application to analyze packets using a libnl netfilter queue
but I'm not getting any packets in my queue (in fact the queued packets
seem to be dropped in the iptables NFQUEUE target rule before they reach
my application queue ). The application worked on another platform but
not on my ubuntu pc. I think nf_queue or nfnetlink_queue module is not
properly configured in ubuntu because the nfnetlink_queue module is not
loaded by default(easily solved with modprobe) and I get

~$ cat /proc/net/netfilter/nf_queue
  0 NONE
  1 NONE
  2 NONE
  3 NONE
12 NONE

whereas on the other platform this is

# cat /proc/net/netfilter/nf_queue
  0 NONE
  1 NONE
  2 nf_queue
  3 NONE
12 NONE

I have no idea what this output means but I have a feeling the
difference is important.
I hope someone can give me some pointers.

Thanks,
Stijn
This message and any attachments herein are confidential, intended solely for the addressees and are SoftAtHome's ownership. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.