How to bundle requests?

Thomas Graf tgraf at infradead.org
Fri Oct 28 06:29:51 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 05:46:09PM +0100, Tilman Baumann wrote:
> Is that the same as calling recv() twice on the socket?

You have to continue calling recvmsg() until you receive either an
error/ack, a complete message without NLM_F_MULTI or a NLMSG_DONE
message. This sequence has to be repeated for each request sent.

I am not sure if anybody ever used the message bundling feature. There
may be bugs involved in the kernel. If you use the libnl API for
receiving, feel free to set the environment variable NLCB=debug and
send me the output and I will be more likely to help.