libnl 2.1

Thomas Graf tgraf at infradead.org
Thu Mar 17 06:05:41 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:45:09AM +0100, Mathieu Peresse wrote:
> I'm currently using libnl 1 for my software and I'm considering
> switching to version 2. So I was wondering if libnl 2.1 will be out
> soon, or if the dev tree
> is usable as of now (since you state that v2.0 is in fact a pre version).

I am currently marking it a pre version because various subsystems
of the library are still breaking APIs regularly.

I have considered releasing the invidivual libraries in their own
versioning namespace because the core library f.e. is very stable.

The git tree is definitely useable but the API but I can't guarantee
API stability of some of the subsystems currently being developed.