Per command callback

Yves Langisch yves at langisch.ch
Thu Nov 4 19:26:22 EDT 2010

Is there any possibility on the client side to register callback
handlers on a per command base. I have a bunch of commands and that
would make life easier. Instead of

  nl_socket_modify_cb(sock, NL_CB_VALID, NL_CB_CUSTOM, generic_Receive,
NULL);

I'd like to be able the API as follows

  nl_socket_modify_cb(sock, GEN_MY_COMMAND1, handle_command1, NULL);
  nl_socket_modify_cb(sock, GEN_MY_COMMAND2, handle_command2, NULL);

Currently I have to figure out the intended command based on the
containing attributes. There must be also an easier way to figure out
the command in my generic receive method. How can that be achieved?

Yves