struct nl_addr definition on Ubuntu

Pedro Francisco pedrogfrancisco at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 15:37:21 EDT 2010

A Quarta 17 Março 2010 15:38:03 Pavel Roskin escreveu:
> On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 21:57 +0000, Pedro Francisco wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I can't find the definition of `struct nl_addr' anywhere on /usr/include
> > on my Ubuntu 9.10 system. In the git tree it is in
> > include/netlink-types.h .
> >

> > My question is: is it a packaging mistake? Or is there a good reason for
> > it not being there?
> >

> > Note: I have all libnl* packages installed: libnl-dev, libnl-doc, libnl1,
> > all version 1.1-5 .
>
> Please see http://www.infradead.org/~tgr/libnl/
>
> As you can see, libnl 1.1 was never released.  Where distros get it is
> anyone's guess.  I asked in this list to release version 1.1, but there
> was no reply.
>
> struct nl_addr has been in the git repository from the beginning, that
> is from the commit 44d362409d5469aed47d19e7908d19bd194493a4.  That
> includes commit 2e6ded94f453ed725381b1fae5dcaa6c7fcfb9b8 that is called
> "1.1 release".

Thank you for your reply!

Aside from the API break which happened a while ago I also don't understand
why wasn't an official release made and was let to package mantainers to work it
out.

Since NetworkManager is using libnl I guess a official release will be done some
time now but the fact is that distro packagers seem to have picked the libnl-
*.pc changes and released such version.

Anyway, bug filled!

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libnl/+bug/540432

--