[libical] Adding support for VALARM extensions

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Apr 1 04:28:05 PDT 2014

On 03/31/2014 09:02 PM, Robert Norris wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014, at 11:49 AM, Ken Murchison wrote:
>> I sorted and rearranged a few things, but the enum values should be the
>> same.  If not, please let me know.
> Attached is the differences in installed headers between a shipping
> libical 1.0 (from Debian) and the SVN repo + your patch.
>
> icalvalue_kind is different. The new output is sorted, so the values
> don't match anymore.

Yes.  My bad.  I was comparing my values to what the current SVN code
outputs, not realizing that it had changed since the 1.0 release.
Attached is a corrected version of my patch.

> I see there's a couple of *_LAST_ENUM defines, that are used inside
> libical itself. They look right now, but will that be a problem when
> they change?

I don't believe so.  I looked at this myself a few days ago, and the
*_LAST_ENUM values are used for searching for a particular enum in the
mapping.  So we want/need *LAST_ENUM to grow as we add more stuff.  If
an application is relying on *_LAST_ENUM to remain constant, then they
are screwed.  In fact, I'm wondering if we even want/need those values
exposed.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer