[libical] help needed with CMake on Windoze

andrew.marlow at uk.bnpparibas.com andrew.marlow at uk.bnpparibas.com
Tue Sep 7 00:44:05 PDT 2010

I am trying to build libical on Windoze using Visual Studio 8 2005 (aka
VC8) and am running into problems. I am new to CMake.

I added the bin dir to my PATH to pick up the VS8 compiler, cd'd to
libical/src and said: cmake .

It complained about "install Library TARGETS given no DESTINATION!". After
looking at several CMakeLists.txt files I thought maybe I needed to define
where it would install the libs and includes, so I defined the environment
variables LIB_INSTALL_DIR and INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR. I was a bit unsure
about these due to their generic names. I note that they don't contain
anything that refers to libical. Anyhow, it didn't work, the same error
message was produced. Can anyone help me please?

Regards,

Andrew Marlow

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is prohibited.

Please refer to http://www.bnpparibas.co.uk/en/information/legal_information.asp?Code=ECAS-845C5H  for additional disclosures.