Fails to properly decode slim tzdata

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Mon Mar 15 12:15:17 GMT 2021

On Sun, 2021-03-14 at 16:19 -0400, Ken Murchison wrote:
> Are you in a position to see if
> https://github.com/libical/libical/pull/484
> <https://github.com/libical/libical/pull/484> fixes the problem?

	Hi,
sure, it works for me. I tried both slim and fat tzdata. There is
increased failure rate of the src/tests/timezone test with the slim
format (1248 days failed for the fat format, while 1486 days failed for
the slim format), but that can be due to the changed recurrence rule
generation. Interestingly, reverting the change shows 2708 days failed
for the fat format and 22943 days failed for the slim format here.
Meaning there is an improvement for both formats.

Just a note, I tried it on the 3.0 branch, which required the
icalrecurrencetype_encode_day() from the master branch. Not a big deal,
just in case you'd want to backport to the 3.0 branch as well.

	Thanks and bye,
	Milan